Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Comfort Food...

Well comfort food for me at least! I took the day off today so that I could go with Ryan to his doctor's appointment in Joplin and we had a few other errands to run. Ryan's doctor appointment went great and he was released for light (sit down) duty and should be heading back to work (part-time) next week. Which is good because it's been two months and he needs/wants to get back into the swing of things as do I need/want him to as well :)hehe

Anywho, we hit the bad weather on our way back home and it basically took us about 2 1/2 hrs for about an 1 1/2 long drive. Since the rain was so bad and we didn't know when it was going to let up we decided to put our errands on hold and just go home. With nothing to do and being hungry, I decided to make things I was craving.



This is home-made salsa. Ryan and I make this a lot during the summer because it's easy, cheap, and we LOVE chips n salsa. This is really simple and here's how you make it:
4-5 Tomato's- deseeded & diced(I use roma tomato's)
Jalapenos chopped- (how many is on how hot you like it)
1/2 white onion chopped
Garlic Powder (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)

Combine diced tomato's, chopped jalapenos, chopped onion in a blender and mix together until desired texture. (I like it a bit runny myself) Then add salt, garlic powder, and pepper to taste. It usually takes several shakes of garlic powder for me.
Then enjoy!



This is my famous guacamole! I absolutely love this stuff and I have to say I love mine :) Now that I am done tutting my own horn, here's how to make it:
4 ripe avocados- depitted & mashed
1-2 roma tomato's- deseeded & diced
1/3 cup of purple onion- diced
1/3 cup of jalapenos- diced
splash of Lemon juice
Salt- to taste

Combine the smashed avocados, diced tomato's, diced onion, diced jalapenos, splash of lemon in a bowl. Add salt to taste and enjoy!



Now for my favorite desert next to Strawberry Shortcake is Banana Pudding! I love, love, love this stuff. I am not really a desert person but since I have been pregnant I always have to have something sweet to top of my meals and I have been craving this for some time now and decided to finally make some. Here's how to make it:
Buy a box of vanilla wafers and some bananas then follow the directions on the box!
Then enjoy!

Well hope everyone enjoys some of my favorite comfort foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment