Thursday, February 26, 2009

NEED...ok WANT...JUSTIFICATION...ok NO

Anyone who knows me, knows my obsession with purses. I love, love, love purses! I usually change out my purse about every couple of months, sooner if I find a purse that I can't live without. I usually do not spend very much on my purses for a few reasons: the obvious being that I go through them so often it would be a waste of money, and these days you can usually find a good purse for a good price.

Well I just got a great purse for x-mas from my in-laws, that I love, love, love. BUT...I went shopping with my mother-in-law on Saturday and (like me) she loves purses as well, so we always go to Dillards to check out the purses. My heart stopped when I saw this one:



I love this purse! I carried it around the store, even though I knew I wasn't going to buy it. Two reasons why I wasn't going to buy, I just got a great purse ummm 2 months ago and the main reason is it is $298.00! OMG! Yes, $298.00. There is no way I could justify buying a purse this expensive 4 months before having a baby! To put it back in it's place and walk away just about brought me to tears. But I had to do it.

Usually what I do when this happens (and it happens quite frequently, I might say) is get the name of the purse and then check Ebay. Well good news is that it is on Ebay and it is $100.00 cheaper. If I wasn't pregnant, my husband didn't have his accident, and if the summer wasn't coming up where Kaid has lots of things going on with sports and mini vacations then I would snag it right up. But being the responsible person I am, I am going to simply tuck this purse into the back of my mind and hope that it goes on sale, or a large sum of money drops in my lap. :)

Please pray for me and my purse!

1 comment:

  1. 3 things: 1. I am so glad to know that someone else besides me has a handbag fettish. I will wear the same shirt for 10 years, but I change handbags like I change socks. I tend to have pricey tastes too, so I leave it up to my hubby to buy them for me on special occassions. You need to read my NYC story that I posted about the Valentine's Day before last. Pretty funny!
    2. I LOVE your letters for Triggs room. They look great!!
    3. Isn't Jett's hair wild?!? He gets that from my family. My grandma is one of 10 and she is the only one without red hair. Those Korean genes must not be dominent in Bobby's family. His/our niece just had a baby with blonde hair and blue eyes!
    Have a good one!!

    ReplyDelete