Sunday, February 15, 2009

Weekend of working...

Here it is Sunday night and I finally am relaxing for the first time this weekend. (Pause) that was me taking a deep sigh. I spent pretty much all weekend working on the nursery and I have to say it is really coming along. I don't have much more to do. We finished the stripes for the crib wall on Saturday after Kaid's basketball game.



I wish I could get better pics but the room is not real big so I don't have a lot of space to get full shots of the room.



I think for my first stripe job I did pretty good..

I got Trigg's pillow back on Saturday too. Isn't it adorable? I love the way it came out. Personally Yours is to thank for that...



We got the rocker & glider today, along with the curtains. We did have blinds up and they are actually broken but we decided to leave them down. We like the bigness of the window. Ryan and I put our crafting skills to the test today too. I had some white shelves lying around the house and decided to put them in Trigg's room so we painted them.



I did the brown & orange dots and Ryan did the brown & blue cameo. His is so much better than mine. Who knew he had such crafty skills.



I also had a white frame I wasn't using either so I decided to paint it as well...This one is all me. I wanted it to compliment the other frame that I bought at a craft convention. All I need are some pictures to hang in the frames and this wall will be finished minus a bookcase on the other side of the window.






I am really happy with the colors I chose to use for Trigg's room. I was a little nervous at first using the orange and dark brown, I love the colors and see others using them but I usually am not that good with mixing colors out of the neutral zone. :)

We ordered the crib and changing table today so I should be getting those in a couple of weeks and can't wait to put them in the room. At some point this week I need to go down and get his bedding started. It will take them about 4 weeks to finish it sooooo, I should get on that.

I have Mandy's baby shower in two weeks and have lots to do on getting that finalized as well. I wish I could post pictures of things before hand but she is a fellow blogger and I don't want to ruin the surprise! I am getting excited, I love to through events!

On a different note than babies, can anyone tell me what the heck is going on with our weather? Ummm, pick a season and stick with it (preferably spring)! :)

5 comments:

  1. It looks great! I love the colors and the "T" pillow. We're going to finally start painting this week and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the tiered shelf at Hobby Lobby this past summer right inside the doors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me just say that I love your nursery!! You are so creative. When I decide to get on the ball and redo Jett's room, I may have to recruit you for help!! I tend to just copy window displays. So sad:(

    How fun about Mandy's shower! I know you will do a great job. I can't believe she is that close to having the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that pillow. I can't wait to see pictures from Mandy's shower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The room looks great! I think the colors look really good. I can't wait until we buy a house here, so I can finally do some colorful painting.

    ReplyDelete