Monday, February 2, 2009

Miracles

I have always been a believer in God, Angels, and all things greater than myself and last Monday Jan. 26th @ 6:30am I have never been more thankful for God's presence in my family's life. Here's why.

My husband, Ryan, has been working in Coffeyville, Kansas for the last several weeks. He has to get up at 4:30am every Monday and drive about 2 1/2 hrs to work. Then comes home every Friday evening. He picks up another co-worker on his way to Kansas as well as other co-workers who follow behind. Last Monday Ryan woke up and started his usual Monday routine. Left the house around 4:30am and headed to work in Kansas. I get a call around 6:30am from a co-worker saying that Ryan has been in a bad accident. Of course, I am freaking out. I have just woken up and was about to start getting ready for work when I get this call. It's the call that everyone dreads getting and hopes they never do. He said that it was really bad but Ryan was talking and awake and was able to give him my number. The police were arriving so he had to call me back. I called Ryan's parents and we frantically headed toward Kansas. Shortly after throwing on clothes and waiting for my in-laws, his co-worker calls me back to tell me that they are going to take Ryan to St. John's in Joplin, MO. So we re-route towards Joplin.

His co-worker proceeds to tell me what happened. They witnessed it all being a few miles behind Ryan and Dennis, the passenger in Ryan's truck. Ryan feel asleep behind the wheel, as Dennis was already asleep, and he went off the road, woke up, hit a mailbox and a driveway culvert and then became air born and flipped the truck about 5 or 6 times and then slide a few feet. Ryan was found in the floor board of the passenger side and Dennis was found under the vehicle back side. It took two hours before Ryan arrived at the hospital ER. I showed up right behind him.

Ryan broke his femur bone in 3 places, scraped up his face and had multiple scrapes and bruises all over. He had surgery to install a rod and pins into his leg on Monday night. That went well and we were in the hospital until Thursday. He was released and then we had to come home to this ice storm and no power. What a mess.

Dennis his co-worker was not as lucky as Ryan. Dennis is alive and stable but has multiple broken bones all over and will endure several surgery's to fix him in the future. He has a lot longer road ahead of him than Ryan.

We have not personally seen Ryan's truck but from everyone who has they say that Ryan and Dennis are lucky to be alive. I just wanted to thank God for watching over Ryan and Dennis. They both truly had guardian angels watching them.

Accidents happen and they can happen so fast you don't have time to react. Please tell anyone you know who drives for a living or just taking long trips, please if you are tired, pull over. The inconvenience of being late is not worth your life.

Please pray for Dennis and his family as well b/c they have a very long road ahead of them too.

Ryan will be back to work in about 8-12 weeks, so a long road for us as well but I will take this to keep my husband. I do not have any pictures to post of his truck, personally I do not want to see it. I just don't want to think about it anymore.

On a different note, and a different kind of miracle, we are having a baby BOY!!!!!!!!!!
I found out a week ago but with everything else I have not had time to post about it. We are very excited and are down to two names so once we have one picked out I will share with you all.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about his accident, but it does sound like they are very lucky to be alive. My brother broke his femur in jr high (got ran over by the schoolbus) and he also had a rod/pins in his leg. He was able to completely recover from it all, and I'm sure Ryan will too. Congratulations on the little boy!!! I kept checking for a post from you last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I am so sorry to hear about your husband. That sounds like a painful recovery, but I am glad that he is going to be alright.
    CONGRATULATIONS on your baby boy!!!! He is going to have you completely wrapped around his finger!! They are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been praying for you and Ryan since the moment we heard about the accident. Congratulations on the baby boy!! We'll keep praying for Ryan's healing and your pregnancy.
    :-) Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl!
    We too have been praying for y'all since we heard about the accident. I'm so thankful that they are going to be ok. Congratulations on your sweet baby boy! Boys are so much fun (as you already know!). If you need anything give us a shout.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete