Friday, May 15, 2009

Pictures say what?

I have been trying to grow my hair out for a long time but every time I get to my shoulders I just can't take it anymore and have to chop it off. I have thin hair so when it's long it's just stringy and blah. I usually keep it dark as well, like a dark chocolate color but since I have been pregnant and have been unable to tan, that color would just wash me out more than I am so it is this same boring brown. I wanted to do something different so I just had it cut short, again, and then I will go back at the end of June when I am nice and tan again and have it colored. I think it is really cute but now I wish I would have had my stylist cut it a bit shorter and with some layers. Guess I can wait another month for that. :)





Now I am not sure what the deal is but the last 1-2 years I have been losing my photogenicness (is that a word?). I used to love the way I looked in pictures but gradually they have gotten worse. I would blame it on the camera being used but I know it's not that. I am really getting upset about this. I feel like photos capture your real essence and really reveal a lot about the person in them...I am not liking what my camera is revealing about me!

I look back on past photos and see a completely different person. Then it hits me...I am a completely different person, I am older, life has had more time to grip it's claws into me and it shows. It also got me thinking about why I look the way I do. That I really need to stop worrying about every little detail and wearing the weight of the world on my shoulders. I need to start having fun again instead of being a party pooper. This life style that I have subjected myself to is starting to show in my face, my hands, my skin, and in my soul. I am only 27 yrs old, why do I feel and act like I am 50?

Photos sure say alot for not saying anything at all.

1 comment:

  1. I think you look great! I hate pictures of myself because I look likea fat cow! :) I tried that dress on at Wal-Mart!

    ReplyDelete