Monday, July 27, 2009

1st Day of Daycare

Trigg,
Today was a hard day! I took you to your 1st day at daycare b/c I had to go back to work. After I got you all settled with the staff and the paper work, it took me about 10 minutes to finally leave. I thought I was going to be strong for you but once I got in the car I cried all the way to work. I really missed you. I was so afraid you would be sad or upset when you woke up and didn't see my face. I called to check on you and your teacher, Mrs. Kelly, said you were doing good. I barley made it to lunch time before I was on my way to visit you. You had just got done eating and was just about to fall asleep but you got to see me for a minute. I picked you up and you had a big smile on your face, then I rocked you to sleep. I went back to work and you went back to napping.


I made you this poster, which hangs above your crib at daycare, so you could see your family everyday!


You were styling your 1st day! Your teachers loved your shoes and couldn't stop talking about how cute you are. Handsome devil!


A picture with mommy, I needed something to last me through the day.

I finally came to get you after work and you were so happy to see me. You just lit up. Your teachers said you did really well, just slept and hung out all day. I am proud of you for being such a good boy on your 1st day. I know that this will get easier for us both as the days go on, but just know, no matter where you are I love you and am always thinking of you!

Love you,
Mommy

3 comments:

  1. He looked so handsome his first day of daycare! I remember how hard it is to leave them. I cried like crazy when I left Brooklynn for the first time (and for a year after that). I'm positive he's in great hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness.. this was such a touching post! What a special baby to have such a neat poster of his family! You are a wonderful mommy. Trigg is so loved!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I am right there with you! Carter visits his preschool for a couple of hours on Thursday and Friday, and he starts on Monday. I have been crying all week. I love the poster you made for Trigg. He looked adorable on his first day. (Carter has the same outfit- it's probably a little bigger though.)

    ReplyDelete