Monday, June 15, 2009

Trigg Edward Peck- Sweet Baby Boy!

Hi everyone, sorry it has taken me so long to post about my new son but Trigg and I had quite the experiance and things didn't go as planned. I went in on Thursday morning for my inducement at 5:30am. Everything was going good, got my epidural around 7:30am and was feeling no pain at all. I was progressing good in the morning and my water broke around 11:45am, but after that things started to slow down. My nurse kept saying that if things don't progress soon then it was c-section time. Well I did not want to go that way but if is how it goes then as long as I get to see my son soon I didn't care. Well at my 2:45 check, I had only dialated to a 4 and he was still floating a bit, at this point the nurse kept reaching in and trying to help things along, she stopped for the doctor to come in and take her peek and as soon as the doctor did her check, everything just went crazy. She starting yelling she had cord and yelling c-section stat, and next thing I know I am being swept down the hall with my doctor trying to hold the cord inside of me. I had never been so scared in my life, I was scared for Trigg and myself, plus my family and Ryan were in the hall and they had no idea what was happening b/c it literally happened at the speed of light. So they get me into the OR and put me under and then next thing I know I wake up an hour later in the recovery room. First thing I said was my baby, Where is he? How is he? They said that he was perfect and waiting to see me. He was born at 3:54pm on June 11th, 2009...weighing 7 lbs 5 oz, 20 inches long. Perfect! I am doing good too. I will have a bit harder recovery b/c of the c-section but everyday is better than the last.

Ryan got to spend the whole time in the nursery with Trigg helping them get him cleaned and ready. I am so greatful that I had the doctor and nurses I had b/c we both came out of this great and I owe it to my wonderful team at Willow Creek. I also owe it to my family and friends for all their support through this.

Mandy I just want to say thank you for all you did. You are truly a great, great friend and I am so lucky to know you. Trigg is so excited to see you guys and his new buddies Tayson & Tristin.

To Ryan my amazing, amazing husband. I have never been more happy to be your wife, you have done so much for our family and I couldn't have asked for more. I love you so much.

Kaid, I am so glad that you have a new brother to show the ropes too. You will be an amazing big brother and Trigg already loves you just as much as your daddy and I do. Congrats on having another little brother in your life.

Val & Tim & Brighton, thanks so much to you guys too! All you do is so much apprecaiated and I am so glad that we all have the relationship we do to make this possible and positive!

To Trigg, I love you more every minute I spend with you. I thank God that he gave you to me and delivered you safely, even if it was ideal for us both. Mommy & Daddy love you and can't wait to watch our family grow!

Enjoy a few pictures of our sweet boy! I will try to post more but hang with me b/c the next few weeks will be lots of recovery, sleeping, and enjoying my little man!









5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He is so handsome! It sounds like you had a pretty scary experience, but I'm glad everything turned out great! C-sections are much tougher to recover from, but you'll be amazed at how much better you'll feel next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious! Sorry I held him for almost an hour at your house, I just couldn't put him down! He's so sweet. Let us know if you need anything. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! I am sorry you had such a hard time, but I am glad everything turnd out ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOOO cute! I hate that you had to go through all that trauma. I had a similar situation, and it is really scary, but totally worth it! Enjoy every second of the newborn stage....it goes by WAY too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is just perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete