Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Shower #2

This past Saturday I had my final baby shower. It was thrown by two of my good friends/work buddies. This shower was for my fellow co-workers. I work for a firm that has 3 offices in Arkansas but we have only a handful of female employees. It's an Engineering firm if that helps. Anywho, this shower was going to be small and intimate so my buddies decided to do it at Copeland's restaurant in Rogers. Great choice by the way ladies, the atmosphere was perfect, the food was good and the company was even better.

I really appreciated them doing this for me! Especially since they work out of our Ft. Smith office. Sammi & Heather work in my office here in Bentonville. I got lots of great gifts and I want to say thank you to all!

Here are some pictures!


Yvonne, me & Erin! These are the ladies who threw the shower...




The table turned out so great! I love how they stuck with the "work shower" theme. If you can see the shower favors and centerpiece's are personalized "work" items, (ie paper clips, clip binders, a pen, and a sticky note pad). Very creative ladies!


My cake! It was delicious...Got to love Rick's Bakery!


Our menu...So cute! So good!


Here is my pride & joy from the shower, my diaper bag! I love, love, love this bag.


I got the bouncy seat to match my swing I got at my last shower! YEAH!


Isn't this just the cutest outfit...Trigg will be so cool in this Hurley outfit!


Chit Chatting!


My wonderful co-worker/friends! Sammi, Heather, me, Erin & Yvonne...


I have been waiting to take back or finish buying baby things till after I had my last shower and since that was on Saturday guess what I did on Sunday. Yup, I went shopping. I had accumulated a few duplicate items from the showers and just gifts given to me so I took back those and added that to my gift cards and then I made a list of the essentials I would need immediately from coming home from the hospital. I have bought what I need and I only lack two items, which may very well be the most important, the car seat & stroller. I am ordering those this week.

It feels really good to be prepared for his arrival with 6 weeks to go. Now I can concentrate on a few projects, updating his baby book & getting some maternity pics of me and family pics to hang in his room. You don't realize all of the things needed to take care of such a little person!

I still have gifts trickling in from all over and I really appreciate those! Thanks to all of my friends & family for making this experience one of a kind! :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Copelands! It looks like you had a great shower. That diaper bag is adorable!

    ReplyDelete